The library has partially re-opened. You must wear a mask.
Interlibrary van service is active and holds from other libraries are arriving in Lake Mills. We are quarantining all returns for four days (96 hours). The Institue of Museum and Library Services commissioned studies to test exposure of the COVID-19 virus on various library materials. Two studies have been completed and found that some library materials have live virus after 72 hours. Link to studies.
We are only accepting returns at the outdoor book drop behind the library. Please don't put any plastic bags in the book drop.
Pickup and Re-Opening Details
Customers need to bring their library card or photo ID. Customers need to notify library staff if a friend or relative is picking up their library holds.
- All customers are required to wear masks and observe social distancing when inside the building.
- Much of our seating is in storage and we cannot provide the usual study and work space.
- Because of COVID concerns the library's meeting room and Children's Area are closed. A selection of new and favorite children's materials will be shelved in the magazine room on the library's main floor.
- The only entry and exit is the library's handicap-accessible back entry. The library's front and East side doors remain locked.
- All customers are required to wear masks and, because our building capacity is limited, we request customers limit their browsing time to 20 minutes or less.
- To meet social distancing requirements only one desktop computer is available.
- All library returns must go in the blue, outdoor library return by the back door. All library returns and deliveries remain quarantined for 72 hours so expect delays.
- Our curbside service is still available.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding accessibility please contact us, as we are continually striving to improve our library experience for all visitors. 920-648-2166.
When you receive notification that your items are ready for pick-up, come to the window to the right of the back door of the library. Make sure to bring your card or ID!
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 920-648-2166, or reach out via email at email@example.com.