Friends of the Library
The Friends of the L.D. Fargo Public Library was founded in 1987 to support the library staff and the L.D. Fargo Public Library Board; sponsor programs designed to improve the social, cultural, and intellectual life of the community; and promote the library in all phases of community life.
Here is a sampling of what the Friends did during the period October 2019-September 2020:
- Awarded a $1,000 scholarship to a Lake Mills area high school senior
- Provided $1,000 to the Lake Mills School District for pandemic resources
- Contributed $350 for the summer reading program
- Contributed $350 to Jefferson County Literacy Council for summer reading program incentives
- Contributed $300 to the TalkReadPlay Program
- Paid $222 for the annual corporate campaign
- Paid $210 for the stained glass window framing
- Paid $111 for holiday roping for outside light posts
- Provided prizes of $110 for family trivia and the annual Friends meeting
- Provided $102 for candy for Witches’ Night Out
- Paid $100 for Chamber of Commerce annual membership
- Contributed $100 to the Lake Mills Food Pantry (memorial for a Friend)
- Paid $80 for Trivia team for Knickerbocker Festival
- Read shelves to keep the library’s 30,000 + items in order
- Assisted library staff with special projects and events
- Delivered books to the homebound
Consider becoming a member and supporting the library and community. If you have been a member in the past and let your membership expire, consider rejoining. Membership forms are available at the library and on-line at FOL Membership Brochure and Application 2020
If you have questions contact Vicki A. Wickliffe, President of the Friends, at 648-5370.
Friends of the Library Board Directors
President: Vicki Wickliffe
Vice-President: Anne Werner
Secretary: Beckie Kane
Treasurer: Charlie Roy
Immediate Past-President: Carol Burrows
Scholarship Chair: Kathleen O’Hearn
Member-at-Large: Patty Hoggatt
Non-Voting Member: Gerard Saylor
Monthly meetings of the Friends Board are usually on the second Tuesday of the month at 10AM.
The Friends operates the book sales in the library and at Lake Mills Market. The Friends of the Library seek donations of used books in good condition to stock the shelves of the bookcase at the Lake Mills Market. If you have one or two books to donate and you shop at the Market, just place the books on the bookcase shelves. If you have a larger number of books to donate, please contact the library to arrange pickup of your books. We are especially in need of current hardcover or softcover fiction, cookbooks and gardening books. Thank you for your support of the library.
July, 2021 FOL July, 2021 minutes
May, 2021 FOL May 17, 2021 minutes
April, 2021 April, 2021 FOL minutes
March, 2021 Mar 14,2021 FOL minutes
February, 2021 Feb 17 2021 revised FOL minutes
September, 2020 FOL Sept. 2020 minutes
August, 2020 FOL minutes Aug. 2020
January, 2020 FOL minutes Jan 2020
November, 2019 FOL minutes 11-18-19
October, 2019 FOL minutes 10-21-19
September, 2019 FOL minutes 9-16-19REV
August 19, 2019 FOL minutes 8-19-19
July 15, 2019 FOL minutes 7-15
June 17, 2019 FOL minutes 6-17-2019
May 20, 2019 FOL minutes 5-20-2019
2021 Corporate Friends of the Library
Due to the pandemic, the Friends suspended its corporate membership drive for 2021. Still, three corporate donors came forward and the Friends would like to thank the following businesses for their generous support:
Platinum level: Forest Landscaping & Construction
Gold level: Fiberdome, ReMax Community Realty
Contributions from these donors will help fund some of the programs sponsored by the Friends.
Any other business, civic group, or organization interested in becoming a corporate Friend should contact Vicki Wickliffe, membership chair, at 648-5370 for further information.
Download the Membership Form for membership application.
2020 Knickerbocker Ice Festival Trivia Contest winning team.
For the third year in a row and five wins overall.
2019 Knickerbocker Ice Festival Trivia Contest Winning Team
2018 Knickerbocker Trivia Contest Winning Team
Once again (Again?!) the Friends of the Library were the winning team at the annual Knickerbocker Ice Festival's trivia night. February 2, 2018.
If you know someone who cannot visit the L.D. Fargo Library please let them know the Friends of the Library offer Homebound Delivery. Library materials will be delivered to Lake Mills residents who are unable to visit the library due to temporary or long-term health issues or disability. All circulation library policies apply. Please call the library at 648-2166.